Happy Bean Dip
Brandi graduated with her administrative marketing degree, and it's her birthday! On an even like this, I couldn't think of a better gift to give than my world famous Happy Bean Dip. Starting at a late high school event, this recipe has evolved into tasty bliss that promotes love and joy across the continents.
Why is it labeled "happy"? Many might be disappointed to find that Happy Bean Dip does not contain any THC, Vicodin, Viagra, or any other intentional drug. Happy Bean Dip closely follows the 7 layer bean dip recipe that you can find on most recipe websites that have 7 layer bean dip recipes. The difference is that the sculpted smiley face on top with a black olive mouth and green onion hair, is not easily frowned upon! :)
Spreading joy throughout the world is a good thing, so I release this recipe to everyone who enjoys a smile from their food.
This recipe will fill a 9" square disposable baking tin to the brim. As a result, many will rejoice.
-2 ripe avocados
-2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (keeps avocados green, not yucky brown)
-1 6oz can diced tomatoes with chilies
-1 small can sliced black olives
-1/2 bag shredded mozzarella/cheddar cheese
-2 cans refried beans
-2 packets of a preferred taco seasoning
-1/3 small red onion
-1 small can green chilies
-1 small bunch of green onions
1. Mix the 2 cans of refried beans with the taco seasoning. It looks kind of gross, but adds a great zing to the beans.
2. Mash the avocados and mix with the can of green chilies. You now have a bowl of guacamole!
3. Cut 1/3 of a red onion into small pieces, and set aside.
4. Evenly smear 1/2 of the bean mix across the bottom of a 9" baking tin or glass dish.
5. Add all of the guacamole evenly on to top of the beans.
6. Drain the diced tomatoes with chilies, and evenly disperse the can over the guacamole.
7. Add the 2nd half of the bean mixture gently over everything and cover it all up. The dish should be full, but we're not done!
8. Add plenty of cheese to the center of the dish.
9. Place in the oven at 250 degrees until cheese is melted.
10. Make the dish look like a happy face using black olives and red onion pieces. Add green onion pieces for a wild hair dew.
11. Share with all. Be happy.
Note: If traveling with this dish, add the green onions when arriving at the destination so that the onions don't bend and get floppy looking.